If you know me, you know I love a good manicure but I am not one to shell out the money to go get it done. That’s especially true when you can give yourself a professional looking mani right at home with nail colors you most likely already have. Save your money, and have people commenting on your cute digits with this easy design!
Here’s what you need:
- beige/tan or neutral base color
- white nail polish
- medium and dark blue nail polishes
- your favorite topcoat
- a bobbypin
- a fine tipped paint brush
Here’s how to create the look:
- paint your beige base coat and let dry
- take a bobby pin and bend it apart
- dip it into the white nail polish and dot it on your nail (aim for the center base of each nail); let it dry.
- take the end of your paint brush handle and dip it into your medium blue color. Test this on a piece of paper first, making sure that this dot of blue color is smaller than the white dot you put on your nail. (you want to see the edges of the white peeking out under the blue)
- Dot the medium blue color on every white dot.
- Then take the actual fine tipped paint brush and dip it in your darkest blue; dot each nail again to complete the “eye.”
- Once completely dry, put your top coat on and you’re done!
Trust me, people will think you got this done at a nail salon!
Think you’ll try this look?
love & cupcakes,