This is such a fun drink that really tastes like a special treat but isn’t too terrible for you calorie wise. I made these Homemade Italian Cream Sodas when we had a girls Pinterest night and they were a big hit! If you wanted to, I think these could easily be made into “adult friendly” cream sodas, if you know what I mean. And not only do they taste good, are really quick to make, but they look really really pretty too!
Here’s how to make them!
- Torani Sugar Free Syrup in Black Cherry (or any flavor you prefer)
- your favorite fizzy water
- half and half (I had heavy whipping cream leftover in my fridge that needed using up and it worked perfectly!)
- Pour your fizzy water over ice
- add 4 pumps of the flavored syrup (use more or less to alter how sweet you want it)
- add a splash of half and half (or heavy whipping cream)
- mix it together and enjoy!
Does this sound like something you would make for a girl’s night in? If you’re thinking you would only have one use for these flavored syrups, try one that would also be good in your morning cup of coffee! Mmmmmm, talk about a special morning pick-me-up 🙂 And lastly, since we’re using sugar free syrup, the majority of the calories/fat is coming from the splash of cream, so it’s not that terrible at all. Live a little! LOL
love & cupcakes,