That was me when I made these little cuties!
These Cute n Mini Lemon Tarts are nice bite sized desserts that really please a crowd (and that’s saying something coming from someone who prefers her dessert to be made of chocolate!)
I found this recipe for the “perfect sugar cookie”, according to crazyforcrust.com. And I have to say, it’s pretty darn good! You can check out her recipe which I used here. You can always use store bought, but I had all the ingredients on hand and I knew I would like the homemade version better.
- Sugar cookie dough (store bought, or made from scratch from here)
- 2 jars of lemon curd (you’ll have extra)*
- fresh fruit and whipped cream for topping
*You can substitute any kind of curd if you prefer something other than lemon curd. I even thought that a version of these with nutella mixed with homemade whipped cream as a filling would be DELISH. Maybe that will be my next baking project!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray your mini muffin pan with non-stick spray
- Make the sugar cookie dough and drop it by tablespoonfuls into each mini muffin
- Press the cookie dough up into the sides of each mini muffin well
- Bake for 10 minutes until they get a little golden
- Because the dough has risen during baking, take your round tablespoon and press down into the warm cookie dough to re-create the divot for each mini tart. Don’t be afraid to press down – you want to make it deep enough to hold enough lemon curd.
- Wait a few minutes for the tarts to cool and remove them from the mini muffin pan. If you gently push on one side of the tart it will tilt out of the tray easily so you can grab it and put it on a cooling rack.
- Take your lemon curd and put it in a ziplock baggie that you have lining a bowl or tall glass. Snip the corner off of the baggie.
- Pipe the lemon curd into each mini tart, top with fresh fruit and/or whipped cream. *Serving suggestion: if you are using whipped cream from a can (no shame in that), wait until you are ready to serve the tarts to put the whipped cream on because it “deflates” and doesn’t look as pretty!
Aren’t they so cute? And because they’re bite-sized you can eat more! haha 🙂
Do you think you would make something like this?
love & cupcakes,