This manicure is really fun because while it’s creative, there is no pressure as to making a specific design – so you really can’t mess up. Love that!
You can use any colors you want, but I went with a white base, and turquoise, shimmery blue, and gold for accent colors.
Here’s what you need for this manicure:
- cling wrap
- pointy qtips (normal ones work too)
- nail polish remover
- white base coat
- your choice of colors + a metallic for accents
- top coat
- paper plate
- Paint nails with white base coat. This doesn’t need to be thick, even, or pretty because it’s getting more color layered on top. The white simply helps the next colors pop.
- Take a piece of cling wrap and scrunch it into a ball.
- Dab your lightest color (not the metallic) onto the paper plate with the paint brush, and then dip your cling wrap into it.
- LIGHTLY tap it onto your nails, reapplying color to the cling wrap when needed.
- Take your darkest color and repeat that application process but use even less color since it’s darker. You don’t want to cover up the light one completely.
- Do that one more time but with your metallic color.
- Repeat any of the colors to get the desired look you like best.
- Finish with two coats of top coat to get it nice and smooth.
- Take the qtip dipped in nail polish remover and clean up the skin around your nails
- Show off your manicure to your friends!
That banana really got a lot of use today!
love & cupcakes,